It appears that perhaps a bit of DIY electrical work may have been going on at this home we recently inspected.

This DIY handyman hard-wired a cord right into the power supply to make their own “instant extension cord”.

By the way, this is NOT something that you want to see at a home inspection! This is both a fire hazard and a safety risk from electrocution. And while the adults in the house may understand not to touch anything, it becomes an even bigger risk for children who may be a bit too curious for their own good where this is concerned.


If you are in need of a home inspection and would like to receive a thorough and informative home inspection report, or know someone who is, book your inspection by calling

682-351-2267

or schedule your home inspection online.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Phone: (682) 351-2267