While you don’t need to do a lot to prepare your home for your home inspection as the seller, there are a few things that will make the process easier.
- Ensure the home inspector has easy access to all areas of the home, including attics, basements and crawlspaces.
- Create a clear path to any and all mechanical items, such as the furnace, electrical panel and water heater.
- Move furniture away from exterior walls so they can be assessed for cracks.
- Clear closet clutter so all walls inside a closet can be seen and examined.
- Consider your pets. You wouldn’t want them getting loose, or trying to bite the person intruding into their space.
And don’t worry – your professional home inspector can look past a bit of clutter, especially if you’re in the process of packing, and be able to inspect the structure of your home.
These tips will keep your home safe, and your home inspector safe!